As a bankruptcy attorney, it is my personal joy to help people gain a new financial future. Many people file bankruptcy in California because they have trouble paying for necessities, have payments for medical emergencies or are laid off from work.
When evaluating whether filing bankruptcy is right for you, I always consider the following 5 questions.
- Helping you identify your bankruptcy goals. Although bankruptcy can help erase many debts, some debts, such as unpaid taxes or child support are not dischargeable.
- Evaluating whether bankruptcy is necessary? Are there alternatives options?
- Determining how to keep as much of your property and money as possible while discharging the maximum amount of debt.
- Deciding whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 is the best option for your circumstances. The most common factors affecting a bankruptcy are: home ownership, amount and being married/single/divorced
- Help you evaluate the effect of filing bankruptcy on future credit and job opportunities
My interest in bankruptcy law started in law school. As a previous law clerk to the chief judge of the Central Bankruptcy court in Los Angeles, I have reviewed thousands of bankruptcy petitions and developed significant experience in identifying the best legal methods to gain the best possible results for my clients.
Most importantly, I understand the importance of a bankruptcy to each of my clients. Helping YOU get a second chance at financial freedom and the American dream is my goal. People with successful bankruptcy cases are better able to save their homes, jobs and cars to continue supporting themselves and their family.
If you want to learn more about how a bankruptcy filing can help you, please call me at 424-285-5525 to schedule a free phone consultation.
I look forwarding to speaking with you soon,
Managing Attorney Justin Lo
In today's expensive-to-survive economy, especially in high-priced states like California, it's easy to sink deep into debt as soon as you have any major setback whatsoever, be it losing your job, a home fire, a debilitating accidental injury that keeps you out of work.
And, even absent such disasters, simply trying to get by from paycheck to paycheck, for many, can be difficult or even impossible under "the perfect storm" of adverse circumstances.
Bankruptcy is never your first option. But in the US, it's a viable option for many whose debts have gotten beyond the point they can reasonably expect to ever pay them off. You don't have to live endlessly under the stress of harassing creditor phone calls, threats of auto repossession or home foreclosure, or the sting of wage garnishment and bank levies.
Our Vision at Bankruptcy Attorney
At Bankruptcy Attorney, we have been helping people trapped in debt in the Los Angeles area and Southern California escape that trap and regain their financial freedom.
We offer a wide range of bankruptcy and related services at the highest level of professional expertise. We literally have decades of combined experience on-staff, spanning the full spectrum of bankruptcy and debt-relief practice areas.
Our vision here at Bankruptcy Attorney is to bring you a personalized approach to solving your debt crisis. We don't just immediately assume bankruptcy is the way to go and treat our clients in a cookie-cutter manner.
Instead, we help you explore your options, respectfully ask the pertinent questions about your financial situation, and customize an action plan that will be of the greatest possible benefit to you, both now and in the years to come.
Our Practice Areas / Services
We at Bankruptcy Attorney are deeply experienced in numerous bankruptcy related practice areas, so as to offer to you the full gamut of relevant financial services.
Our practice areas/services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Helping you decide if bankruptcy is right for you, and if so, whether Chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 is the best fit for your situation.
- Getting an automatic stay in force to prevent creditor harassment and any creditor actions about to be taken against you.
- Explaining to you the details of what bankruptcy can and cannot do in regard to home foreclosures, utility shut-offs, vehicle repossessions, wage garnishment, bank levies, and more.
- Filing emergency bankruptcies with the greatest possible speed, while maintaining legal accuracy and completeness.
- Facilitating the debt settlement process, if that turns out to be a better path for you to take than bankruptcy.
- Ensuring you can get the maximum amount and the right kind of exemptions and asset protection if/when you file for bankruptcy.
- Guiding you through bankruptcy while a divorce is going on simultaneously, as often happens. We steer you clear of the many legal pitfalls that this combination of events can produce.
- Assisting you with issues to do with the relationship between bankruptcy and taxes. We help you file in a way that saves you the most money but still keeps you fully compliant with the IRS.
Why Choose Us?
Finding a bankruptcy attorney in Los Angeles is easy. Finding the right one is not so easy.
We at Bankruptcy Attorney have a long track record of helping our clients make smart, informed financial decisions at key points in their lives.
We take the time to explain to you your options so you can make the best possible move, be that bankruptcy, debt settlement, or something else, for your situation.
Our customer satisfaction rates at Bankruptcy Attorney are extremely (and consistently) high, and we gain much of our new clientele by referral from previous clients. Our online reviews at Yelp and elsewhere are overwhelmingly positive, and that is not by accident.
By truly putting the customer first and serving his or her best interests, we have grown our business in size and reputation to what it is today. We are among the most trusted names in the bankruptcy services industry in all of L.A. and Southern California, and the secret to our success is simple: serving people just like you!
Contact Us Today for Immediate Help!
At Bankruptcy Attorney, we have been serving Los Angeles and surrounding communities in Southern California for many, many years, and we are fully familiar with both state bankruptcy laws and with local court processes involved in bankruptcies and related matters.
We keep ourselves available to serve you at a moment's notice. Call us today at 424-285-5525 for a free, no obligation consultation, and we can immediately give attention to your case!
Feel free to stop by at our office, located at 554 South San Vicente Boulevard, Suite #160-F, in Los Angeles, CA.